Join Us – Thursday, September 18, 5-8 p.m.
The EYC Foundation Board invites all EYC members, family, friends, volunteers, community groups & others to join us for “Foundation Night” at EYC on Thursday, September 18, from 5-8 p.m.
Your support, volunteer time and donations are all critical to the ongoing success of our programs! The Foundation created a new “Program of Work” in 2013 and it is well under way. We’d love to have you get involved! Our programming represents a continuum of opportunities and successful partnerships that support our kids, the water, the community and the future.
Specifically, our Mission is to promote participation in boating, education in the marine industry and environmental awareness through collaborative programming, fundraising and community partnerships. Our vision encourages youth:
- To understand the career opportunities available in the marine and maritime industries;
- To participate in sailing and boating;
- To embrace responsibility for stewardship of the Chesapeake Bay.
Our Board members will be present to talk about our programs:
- Starting with our newest Elementary STEM Education Pilot Program (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) for 5th grade;
- The Annual Marine & Maritime Career Fair for middle & high school students (February 28, 2015 will be the 5th year of the event) & additional career focused events.
- Junior Sailing Scholarships for ages 9-15 that introduce kids to boating/sailing and environmental awareness of the Bay along with teamwork and other positive learning experiences.
- MAST Scholarships (Marine Skills Training) for high school graduates pursuing education or training in the marine or maritime fields.
- And, finally, our “Outstanding Marine Wizards” who exemplify excellence in the Marine Trades industry & serve as mentors for both peers and youth in our community.
Please join us for the evening & we look forward to your involvement!
Welcome to EYC
|Wed Oct 26 @ 5:00PM - 07:00PM|
Windy Wednesday Happy Hour
|Fri Oct 28 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
|Sat Oct 29 @12:00AM|
Frostbite Cruise & CBMM OysterFest
|Sat Oct 29 @ 9:00AM - 02:00PM|
CANCELED: Fall Cleanup Day
|Sat Oct 29 @ 1:00PM - 03:00PM|
Outfitters Open & Selling
|Sat Oct 29 @ 6:00PM - 09:00PM|
Scotch & Cigar Night
|Sun Oct 30 @11:00AM - 09:00PM|
NFL Game Day
|Wed Nov 02 @ 6:00PM - 09:00PM|
Fish for a Cure Captain's Meeting (Offsite)
|Fri Nov 04 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
Kids First Friday
|Sat Nov 05 @ 8:00AM - 11:00PM|
Fish for a Cure
|Sat Nov 05 @11:00AM - 05:00PM|
MRE Tug of War