Visiting YOUR Marina
One of the long range goals for EYC is to increase marina use by boat-owning members who keep their boats at someplace other than EYC. The marina Committee has been working hard for months to make the marina more accommodating for this use; the full implementation will probably not be done in 2014. Where it stands now and in the near future:
- Come and anchor out or use one of the harbor mooring buoys. The northern corner of the marina (corner in pier A) has been converted into a dinghy tie-up area. Check it out next time you are at the club. Room for plenty of dinghies; no charge.
- Slip A17 (a large slip, right next to the dinghy tie-up area) is now available for short-term use – the charge is $2.50/foot per day. Make reservations through the office
- As available in the past, if a slip is open because the renter is away, you can make arrangement with the office to use it, for free up to two days and fee of $2.50/foot/day from Day 3. This availability - office knowing someone will be gone for several days - does not happen that often.
- Tying up on the outside of the Marina:
- Signage designating specific tie-up locations is being added while this is being written. (This will allow more efficient boat locating, and thereby more boats being accommodated.)
- Sufficient water spigots are available throughout.
- A pump-out facility is available at the outer corner of pier C.
- Electricity is somewhat available for the outside tie-ups on pedestals serving the interior slips. More power will be added, but probably not for this season. Currently there is some 15 amp., some 30 amp., 1 or 2 50 amp. (generally already in use).
- Water depth has been partially measured; more measurements will be taken and a chart made available.
- All exterior pilings have been fitted with heavy duty vertical bumpers and they are 12’ apart. Pier C has 6x6 posts midway between each piling. These posts are being added to pier A, but it may be the Fall till they are installed.
- Fees: after August 1, the overnight fee for external tie-up will be $1/ft. per night
- Temporarily tying up to the floating dock: same as in the past, very restricted (to keep the path to the hoist open and the lift slips accessible):
- Limited to boats less than 26’
- No rafting up
- Limited to less than 2 hours; tell the office you are tied up there
- Boat owner/skipper must remain on club property
- Dock Master program: a program to have 1 volunteer dock master on duty on weekends is being started. The dock master, reachable on VHF channel 16 and by phone, is there to confirm availability, take marina reservations, guide the location of external tie-up and, as requested, be a hand-on-the-dock to help with tie-up.
Help the visiting use of the marina succeed:
- Bring your boat over and try it out
- Join the marina committee to help steer this usage of the marina (see Gavin…)
Welcome to EYC
|Tue Feb 09 @ 5:00PM - 08:00PM|
|Wed Feb 10 @ 4:30PM - 06:00PM|
Windy Wednesday Happy Hour
|Wed Feb 10 @ 7:00PM - 09:30PM|
|Thu Feb 11 @ 7:00PM - 09:30PM|
Thursday Night Trivia
|Fri Feb 12 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
Outfitters Open & Selling
|Sat Feb 13 @ 2:00PM - 04:00PM|
|Sat Feb 13 @ 5:00PM - 09:00PM|
Lobster Night! (Reservations Required)
|Sat Feb 13 @ 5:00PM - 07:00PM|
|Sat Feb 13 @ 6:00PM - 08:00PM|
Outfitters Open & Selling
|Sun Feb 14 @12:00AM|
|Sun Feb 14 @ 3:00PM - 06:00PM|
Board Game Sunday