May 1, 2016
Spring and Summer Reminders
As the active club season is already upon us I thought I would take a moment to remind members of some important club information that will help keep both our members and the club safe.
- Alcohol purchased at the club may not be taken off premise or onto the docks or private boats. Members may take their cocktails onto the waterfront lawn or sailing yard however. Conversely members and their guests may consume their own alcoholic beverages (purchased elsewhere) on their boats while docked in the marina but it may not be brought onto the clubs property.
- There is no such thing as a “to go” cup for alcoholic beverages. All beverages purchased at EYC must be consumed on our licensed property which includes the clubhouse, waterfront lawn and sailing areas. Sorry you can’t walk home with that Mt. Gay and Coke!
- Children are not allowed on the docks unsupervised. Never!
- Children must have appropriate Coast Guard-certified PFDs when on the docks and be accompanied by an adult. Please make note of the location of the safety rings and fire extinguishers as well next time you are in the marina.
- Pets are to remain on leashes and be supervised by their owners at all times. We love to have our four legged friends at the club but remember not everyone is comfortable with animals so please respect your fellow members. Also note that the club provides waste removal bags near the waterfront lawn so please always pick up after your pet.
Did you know that the club has a comprehensive spill kit located right next to the hoist? It contains everything you would need in the event of an oil or gas spill. Items such as emergency phone numbers, oil containment rings and rags, flashlights and gloves etc are all inside. Be ready for when an emergency arises.
EYC recycles, and you should too! Note that EYC now has both a recycling dumpster and a regular dumpster for waste. Please make note of the marked trash cans as you dispose of items at the club. Recycling containers are also located near the marina and parking areas in addition to the interior of the clubhouse
Help us stay beautiful by being mindful of the club grounds. If you see litter or stray items pick them up and dispose of them properly. The club keeps your dues low by relying on volunteers. We do not employee a grounds or marina maintenance person at the club so our members and other staff are relied upon to keep things looking sharp. Keep us clean and green!
Open Marina Slips
Our marina is filling fast for our 2016 season and there are only a few slips still available for boats 30ft to 32ft in length. Unfortunately all of our landside slips are currently committed. If you are interest in one of the remaining slips act fast as they will surely fill up as soon as the warm weather takes over.
Please be advised that towing has actively begun for 2016. Management and the EYC Board hate to see our members having to incur the expense of having their car towed. Our goal is to maintain the value of membership by making sure unauthorized cars are removed to make room for our dues paying members. Please make sure your parking sticker is a 2016 sticker and that it is placed on the driver’s side lower portion of the front windshield. Also, please remind your guests that parking in the evening is limited to the Yacht Haven lot located across the street.
Lastly, remember that parking in the area reserved for boats is never permitted with or without an EYC sticker.