May 1, 2017
Welcome our New Staff!
As I wrote about in last month’s VFB we are thrilled to have Glenn Looney join our terrific team as the new Assistant General Manager. His extensive experience in clubs will certainly bolster the services to our members and we look forward to his fresh ideas! We are also welcoming back a familiar face. Some of our more tenured members may remember Chef Nik Holm from the old clubhouse. Nik has returned as the club’s sous chef and we are very excited to bring another element to our kitchen. Of course, Nik knows the history of EYC and developed and prepared many of the old favorites which might just make an appearance on our current menus and special boards. Welcome back Nik!
It is also the time of year again when we will double our service staff to keep up with the increased volume of sales during our warmer months. Although we will be welcoming back a couple college students on summer break, we will also be bringing in new staff for the Spring/Summer sailing season. As always, it is a challenge to get these new staff members up to speed in such an abbreviated amount of time but we look forward to meeting that challenge and continually improving the member experience at the club. Please welcome them and as always Glenn and I appreciate your feedback both in the affirmative and negative.
Spring and Summer Reminders
As the active club season is already upon us I thought I would take a moment to remind members of some important club information that will help keep both our members and the club safe.
- Alcohol purchased at the club may not be taken off premise or onto the docks or private boats. Members may take their cocktails onto the waterfront lawn or sailing yard however. Conversely members and their guests may consume their own alcoholic beverages (purchased elsewhere) on their boats while docked in the marina but it may not be brought onto club property.
- There is no such thing as a “to go” cup for alcoholic beverages. All beverages purchased at EYC must be consumed on our licensed property which includes the clubhouse, waterfront lawn and sailing areas. Sorry you can’t walk home with that Mt. Gay and Coke!
- Children are not allowed on the docks unsupervised. Never!
- Children must have appropriate coast guard certified PFDs when on the docks and accompanied by an adult. Also, please make note of the location of the safety rings and fire extinguishers next time you are in the marina.
- Pets are to remain on leashes and be supervised by their owners at all times. We love to have our four legged friends at the club but remember not everyone is comfortable with animals so please respect your fellow members. Also note that the club provides waste removal bags near the waterfront lawn so please always pick up after your pet.
- Did you know that the club has a comprehensive spill kit located right next to the hoist? It contains everything you would need in the event of an oil or gas spill. Items such as emergency phone numbers, oil containment rings and rags, flashlights and gloves etc are all inside. Be ready for when an emergency arises.
- EYC recycles, and you should too! Note that EYC has both a recycling dumpster and a regular dumpster for waste. Please use the specifically marked trash cans as you dispose of items at the club. Recycling containers are also located near the marina and parking areas in addition to the interior of the clubhouse
- Help us stay beautiful by being mindful of the club grounds. If you see litter or stray items pick them up and dispose of them properly. The club keeps your dues low by relying on volunteers. We do not employee a grounds or marina maintenance person at the club so our members and other staff are relied upon to keep things looking sharp. Keep us clean and green!
Open Marina Slips
The good news for o club is that our marina is already just about full. There is currently only one open slip which will accommodate a 37ft boat. Contact me if you have interest as it will surely be gone quickly.
Please be advised that towing has actively begun for 2017. Management and the EYC Board hate to see our members having to incur the expense of having their car towed. Our goal is to maintain the value of membership by making sure unauthorized cars are removed to make room for our dues paying members. Please mare sure your parking sticker is a 2017 sticker and that it is placed on the driver’s side lower portion of the front windshield. Also, please remind your guests that parking in the evening is limited to the Yacht Haven lot located across the street.
Lastly, remember that parking in the area reserved for boats is never permitted with or without an EYC sticker.