Club FJ (ages 10-15)
Early Bird Registration Discount until 3/15.
Seaman, Beginner, Ages 10-15 | 80+lbs
This class introduces and builds basic sailing fundamentals in a double-handed boat geared for older and/or larger students. The curriculum emphasizes terminology, teamwork, basic seamanship, basic boat handling, scoop capsize recovery, and course sailing. Sailors will have both skipper and crew opportunities.
All Day, One Week: 9:30AM - 3:30PM OR Half Day AM, Two Weeks: 9:00AM - NOON, Costs:$435/$395 EYC Members
- Session 1: June 18 - June 22 Full Day *Bring lunch daily
- Session 2: July 9 - July 20 AM 2 week session
Mate, Intermediate, Ages 10-15 | 80+lbs
* Experience required. This class is a continuation for older students to build skills in a double handed boat. The curriculum includes more tiller time and advanced sail trim. Activities include course sailing, introduction to the spinnaker, challenging on-water games, long sails, an introduction to the race course, STEM activities, and J-22 sailing.
All Day, One Week: 9:30AM - 3:30PM, OR Half Day Afternoons, One Week: 1:00 - 4:00PM, Cost: $435/$395 EYC Members
- Session 1: June 25 - June 29 Full Day *Bring lunch daily
- Session 2: July 9 - July 13 PM session
- Session 3: July 30 - Aug 3 Full Day *Bring lunch daily
Skipper, Advanced, Ages 11-15 | 80+lbs
This class is for sailors with previous CFJ experience or equivalent and to improve double-handled dinghy skills through drills, spinnaker work, racing and STEM challenges. Students are also introduced to keelboat racing on the J22.
All Day, One Week: 9:30AM-3:30 PM, OR Half Day Afternoons, One Week: 1:00 - 4:00PM, Cost: $245/$210 EYC Members.
- Session 1: July 2 - July 6 Full Day *No July 4th (Prorated)
- Session 2: July 16 - July 20 PM Session