Sunfish (ages 9-15)
Registration Now Open. Early Bird Discount until 3/15
Sunfish Seaman, Beginner, Ages 9-12 | 60+lbs
*Basic sailing a plus for ages 9-10. This one week half day class focuses on basic learn to sail fundamentals in a larger single-sail boat with an emphasis on steering and sail trim. Sailors will be paired accordingly with solo opportunities. This course is also perfect for older and/or larger sailors learning to sail or ready to step out of the Opti.
One Week - Morning: 9AM - NOON OR Afternoon: 1:00 - 4:00PM, Costs: $245/$210 EYC Member *$320/$285 EYC Member
- Session 1-2: June 18 – June 22 FULL DAY*
- Session 3-4: July 9 - 13 AM or PM
- Session 5: July 30 - Aug 3 AM
Sunfish Mate, Intermediate, Ages 9-13 | 60+lbs
A continuation of the Sunfish Seaman class or Opti Intermediate graduates who want the feel of more power! Sailors are grouped to improve boat handling skills and speed with more tiller time. Activities include course sailing, on-water games, fun races, long sails, and STEM activities.
One Week, Morning: 9AM - NOON OR Afternoon: 1:00 - 4:00PM, Costs: $245/$210 EYC Member
- Session 1-2: June 25 June 29 AM or PM
- Session 2-4: July 16 – July 20 AM or PM
- Session 5: July 23 - July 27 AM
- Session 6: July 30 - Aug 3 PM
Sunfish Skipper, Advanced, Ages 10-15
*Must have intermediate sailing experience.
Our Skipper program is a continuation of the Sunfish Mate Course focusing on advanced boat handling skills and an introduction to racing fundamentals.
One Week, All Day: 9:30- 3:30PM, Costs: $435/$395 EYC Member
One Week, Half Day Afternoons: 1:00-4:00PM , Costs: $245/$210 EYC Member
- Session 1: July 2 - July 6 Full Day *No July 4th (Prorated)
- Session 2: July 23 - July 27 PM