Adult General Program Info
Jr. Fleet Adult Program Information Schedule
Wednesday Evening 6:00 pm - Sundown June 29-August 3
The following is recommended personal equipment:
- A complete change of clothes (shorts, t-shirts, etc.)
- Bathing Suit
- Sweat shirt or jacket
- Rain or foul weather gear
- Sailing gloves (optional)
- Suntan lotion and sunglasses w/strap (polarized recommended)
- Type III US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device (*required)
- Closed toed shoes (recommended) or strap-on Tevas. Absolutely not bare feet or flipflops.
- Water Bottle and snack
Rules, Regulations, and Consequences
- The Eastport Yacht Club (EYC) is a private boating facility created to permit its members to enjoy boating and all its related activities.
- The EYC has a set schedule of daily event, which must occur in order to permit proper maintenance and Club activities.
- The Junior Fleet is permitted to operate on EYC grounds by the Commodore and the EYC Board of Directors. This permission is granted only with the understanding that this program will not be a disruption in any way to the normal daily routine of the EYC personnel and membership.
- The program has the primary goal of teaching safe boatmanship, water safety, and related activities to all youth and adults who wish to take advantage of this form of recreation.
To accomplish this goal, a need for discipline and disciplinary procedure must be present to create a proper atmosphere within which this program can flourish. During the course of the program, the following rules will be maintained and adhered:
- Role is taken at the beginning of each class session.
- If more that 15 minutes late please call the Head Instructor
- There are no makeup days for holidays.
- Notify the Head Instructor in advance, if a going to miss class. All attempts will be made to make up the class.
General Rules and Regulations
Student activities will be restricted to the following areas:
- Life jackets (PFD) will be worn at all times when the students are involved in any water activity.
- Close toed shoes or strap on TEVA must be worn at all times. No bare feet or flip-flops are permitted.
- Improper use of the program or borrowed equipment will not be tolerated.
- The EYC is a private boating facility. Therefore, any student who is not the guest of an EYC member is not permitted to use the EYC outside of their scheduled class without sponsorship from an EYC member.