CBYRA and/or US Sailing membership may be required to receive a discounted entry fee for some regattas.
2015 Racing Schedule
Racers and Race Committee volunteers, please mark your calendars. The 2015 EYC Racing Schedule is posted on the club calendar, even though it's too early to register. In addition to old favorites, classics, and several charity regattas combining opportunities to compete on the water with the chance to contribute to important local and regional charities, there are a few new events on the calendar this year, too.
- MAY 1-3: Annapolis NOOD Regatta (at AYC)
- MAY 7: J/World Thursday Night Begins
- MAY 8: Friday Night Cans Series Begins
- MAY 16: Elf Classic Start
- MAY 23: Annapolis/Miles River Race Start
- MAY 24: Annapolis/Miles River Race Back & BBQ
- MAY 30: Annapolis Leukemia Cup
- JUNE 27: One-Design Classic
- JULY 10: Solomons Island Invitational Start
- JULY 11: SUP Challenge
- JULY 25: Solomons Race Awards Party
- AUGUST 22: BB&G Regatta to Benefit CRAB
- SEPTEMBER 5-6: Annapolis Labor Day Regatta
- SEPTEMBER 11: Beer Cans Awards Party
- SEPTEMBER 17-20: I-505 North American Championship
- SEPTEMBER 19: Hospice Cup
- OCTOBER 15: Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race
- OCTOBER 24-25: J/70 Fall Brawl
- NOVEMBER 28: Leftover Bowl
Race Committee Winter Training
Our “training season” gets underway on Saturday, 10 January. Scheduled for 1:00-3:00 pm, Rob Rowlands will lead an Introduction to Protest Committee seminar covering the protest process. For those interested in serving on protest committees, you will learn the basics of paperwork, determining validity, finding facts, developing conclusions, and making decisions in a timely manner within the RRS. This is a great opportunity for rookies and more experienced jurors alike.
The second "Introduction to Protest Committee" seminar, on Saturday, February 21, 1:00 -3:00 p.m., will be geared to be something more from a competitor's perspective: how and when to protest, what to expect from the process, and how to help make it all fair. Due to space limitations, we are asking people to sign-up in advance. Select the "Intro to Protest Committee (2)" button.
It will be immediately followed by a Racing Rules seminar, 3:00-5:00 p.m. As Rob explained, this will not be your common rules seminar. It will be a participatory session reviewing the basic RRS regarding when boats meet, combined with a more in-depth look at rules specific to mark roundings, starting, and finishing. Learn which rules apply when and how they affect your rights and responsibilities at crucial times on the racecourse.Read more...