1. Take Rt. 50 East, approximately 13 mi. from east end of the Bay Bridge
2. Turn right on Carmichael Rd (at sign for the NRMA and Aspen Institute)
3. Stay on the “main road”, which becomes Wye Island Rd along the way
4. About 4 mi. after leaving Rt. 50, you cross small bridge onto Wye Island
5. Continue on main road past Wye Hall Drive
6. About 1.5 mi. from bridge, turn left at sign on left for “Conference Lodge”
7. Follow road to the end at the Lodge and pavilion
1. Go up Eastern Bay to Wye River East to Granary Creek.
2. Stay in river until you can see straight up the middle of Granary Creek; turn to port and enter
3. There is at least seven to eight feet of water in the center of Granary creek fairly far up and to port around the back of the island. Rafting is good, but please don’t block entrance channel.
4. There is a dock for dinghies in the first bight to port after entering the creek. There is also a grassy landing spot farther upstream with a short walk to the lodge.