The following is recommended personal equipment:
- A complete change of clothes (shorts, t-shirts, etc.)
- Bathing Suit
- Sweat shirt or jacket
- Rain or foul weather gear
- Sailing gloves (optional)
- Suntan lotion and sunglasses w/strap (polarized recommended)
- Type III US Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Device (*required)
- Cap or VisorGear Bag
- Closed toed shoes (recommended) or strap-on Tevas. Absolutely no bare feet or flipflops.
- Water Bottle and snack
Note: Please label your child's equipment. Put child’s name in black permanent marker on the outside of any valuable. i.e. PFD
Rules, Regulations, and Consquences
The program has the primary goal of teaching safe boatmanship, water safety, and related activities to all youth and adults who wish to take advantage of this form of recreation.To accomplish this goal, a need for discipline and disciplinary procedure must be present to create a proper atmosphere within which this program can flourish. During the course of the program, the following rules will be maintained and adhered:
- The Eastport Yacht Club (EYC) is a private boating facility created to permit its members to enjoy boating and all its related activities.
- The EYC has a set schedule of daily events, which must occur in order to permit proper maintenance and Club activities.
- The Junior Fleet is permitted to operate on EYC grounds by the Commodore and the EYC Board of Directors. This permission is granted only with the understanding that this program will not be a disruption in any way to the normal daily routine of the EYC personnel and membership.
- The son or daughter of an EYC member, when enrolled in the Junior Fleet Learn-to-Sail program, will have no special privileges and must adhere to the rules and regulations of the program.
- Roll is taken at the beginning of each class session.
- No child should later than 15 minutes for any class session.
- There are no makeup days for holidays.
- Notify the Head Instructor in advance, if a student must miss class. All attempts will be made to make up the class.
- If a student misses a class, a written excuse from a parent or guardian must be presented to the Head Instructor before the student is permitted to make up the class.
- All participants must wear a US Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD) while on the docks and in boats. (Type III recommended).
- All conduct will be governed by the normal rules and regulations of any educational facility.
- Participants shall follow the directions of the Instructors, Management, and EYC Adult Members.
The following behavior will not be tolerated:
- Disruptive behavior
- Disrespectful gestures or actions
- Improper Dress
- Deliberate abuse of equipment
- Use of alcohol or any controlled substance
- If there are any problems, the Student will notify the parent of his/her behavior with a written letter to be signed by the parent or discussion with the Head Instructor. This will constitute the student's first and only warning that his/her behavior will not be tolerated. The parent is welcome to discuss the behavior problem with the Head Instructor at any time.
- All disciplinary actions will be documented.
- A second offense will result in a disciplinary hearing with parental involvement and possible expulsion from the Program.
- No corporal punishment of any kind will be utilized.
General Rules and Regulations
Student activities will be restricted to the following areas:
- Life jackets (PFD) will be worn at all times when the students are involved in any water activity.
- Close toed shoes or strap on TEVA must be worn at all times. No bare feet or flip-flops are permitted.
- Improper use of the program or borrowed equipment will not be tolerated.
- No student will leave class without notification from a parent or guardian and permission from the Head Instructor.
- The EYC is a private boating facility. Therefore, any student who is not the son or daughter of an EYC member is not permitted to use the EYC outside of their scheduled class without sponsorship from an EYC member.
Non-Member Use of Club
- Opti Tots Evening and GFF – Bar Opens at 4:00 PM with dinner service 5-9 PM
- Day Program – Friday Lunch service starting at 12PM - 8PM.
- Adult Sailing – Bar Open at 4:00 PM with dinner service 5-10 PM
EYC accepts Cash, Credit or Debit Card.